Beginning Sunday, June 7, 2020, our church will be reopening for worship! Sunday, June 7, 2020 will be a service in celebration of Easter. We invite you to join us for worship beginning that Sunday at 9:30 AM!
During the month of May, Church Council and Pastor Scott have developed a set of guidelines for us to move forward during this Coronavirus outbreak. The following is a summary regarding our guidelines for worship:
- Worship is a means of grace, not an obligation. If you feel the need to stay at home, please do so. Podcasts will be made during the worship for those who wish to stay home.
- By the order of Governor DeWine, masks are now mandatory in public in Ohio unless you are, among other exceptions, medically unable to wear one or an officiant at a religious service. Wearing your own gloves are also recommended. If you happen to forget your own masks and gloves, masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer will be provided at the church.
- No worship books and Bibles will be in the pews. Screens will be used for our liturgy at this time.
- There will be no congregational singing during worship for an indeterminant time.
- We will respect 6 feet of separation; however, families may sit closer together.
- No sharing of the peace will be done in worship.
- No offering plates will be passed during worship. Collection plates will be available prior to entering the sanctuary. Offerings may be given after worship, too.
- There will be no Holy Communion services in June.
- After worship concludes, worshippers will be asked to leave row by row starting from the back.
- To help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19, pastor will not shake hands after worship.
- After our worship service, the sanctuary, fellowship hall, bathrooms, light switches, etc. will be disinfected.
- We also ask that people honor 6 feet of separation while in the bathroom.
We are providing this information to you so that you will be aware of the changes at Shepherd of the Valley when you return here to worship. A more detailed set of guidelines have been included in the June Cross Talk newsletter if you wish to know more.
For those not attending worship in-person, we invite you to listen to our podcast, the Shepherdcast! For more information and to subscribe on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever else you get your podcasts, please visit www.sotvchurch.com/shepherdcast.
Edit, 07.22.2020: This post was updated to reflect the changes brought about by Governor DeWine’s mandatory mask order, which you can read about by clicking here.